1 tablespoon lemon zest
Juice of one lemon
1/2 teaspoon honey
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 1/4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
1 cup couscous
1/2 cup diced yellow squash
1/2 cup diced zucchini
1 medium shallot, finely chopped
1/2 cup sultanas/golden raisins (optional - presoak in orange juice for extra flavour)
1/4 cup chopped toasted pistachios or almonds
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
Freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon zest, lemon juice, honey, and 1/4 cup of olive oil. Add the garlic cloves and let them steep for about 30 minutes.
- Bring stock to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in the couscous, cover, and turn off heat; allow couscous to sit for about 5 minutes, or until it absorbs all the liquid. Toss the couscous with a fork and a little butter so the grains don't start clumping together, pour into a large mixing bowl, and set aside.
- In a pan over medium high heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add squash and zucchini, shallot, sultanas, pistachios and a pinch or two of salt. Only cook for about a minute or two. Set aside to cool. For fast result scatter on an oven tray and leave by the window.
- Add them to the bowl with the couscous and gently fold to combine.
- Discard the cloves of garlic from the dressing, and toss it with the couscous (add the dressing gradually, as you may not need it all). Fold in the mint, season with additional salt and pepper if necessary and serve at room temperature.