500gm linguine or pasta of your choice
2 tablespoons butter
250gm asparagus, rinsed, ends trimmed
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
3 egg yolks
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
Zest of 1 lemon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to the time listed on the box.
2. While the linguine is cooking, slice the asparagus into bite-size pieces. Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a pan over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, add the asparagus to the pan and cook for 3 minutes. Add minced garlic and cook for another 3 minutes. Add peas and cook for 1 minute. Transfer cooked vegetables to a bowl.
3. Drain the pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
4. In a bowl, whisk together the egg, egg yolks, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and lemon zest. Slowly whisk in the reserved pasta water.
5. Transfer the drained pasta to the pan used for the vegetables and set over medium heat. Pour the egg mixture over the pasta and carefully stir to coat. Cook for another 3 minutes, until the sauce thickens. Season with salt and black pepper.
6. Dish out the pasta into serving bowls. Top with cooked asparagus and other vegetables. Sprinkle fresh parsley and additional Parmesan cheese on top before serving.