3 Watermelon radishes
1 small avocado, thinly sliced
half a bunch rocket
2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon freshly chopped herbs such as chives and parsley
1/2 tsp sea salt (plus more to taste)
Freshly ground black pepper
120 grams goats cheese or feta for serving (optional)
- Peel the outer layer of the watermelon radishes if thick. With a sharp knife or mandoline, thinly slice the radishes into rounds.
- Sprinkle sea salt over the radishes in a colander set over a bowl. Cover and set aside for at least 20 minutes.
- Drain radishes, and lightly pat dry. Arrange the slices on a serving platter or individual plates.
- Make the vinaigrette by whisking together the lime juice, oil and fresh herbs. Add a pinch of sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Toss the rocket with half the dressing. Place a handful of dressed rocket on top of the sliced radishes and top with a few slices of avocado.
- Garnish with crumbles of fresh goat cheese if desired and drizzle the remaining dressing over the top of the radishes. Serve immediately