Feb 11, 2016
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, brought to room temperature
- 1 pinch seasalt
- Add whipping cream to blender jar and secure lid.
- Turn blender on to speed 2 and run cycle for 45 seconds, then press "Pulse" to stop.
- Using a spatula, move whipped cream towards center of jar and secure lid. Press "Pulse" and hold down, 2-3 seconds, until whipped cream has stopped blending. Using a spatula, move contents towards center of jar. Repeat this step of pulsing, stirring and securing lid 10-12 times.
- Once buttermilk begins to separate from butter curds, press "Pulse" for 2-3 seconds until solid butter curds separate from buttermilk.
- Power blender off, remove lid and place a piece of cheesecloth over the lid. Over a bowl, slowly turn the blender jar over and allow liquid (buttermilk) to move through the cheesecloth into the bowl.
- Once the liquid is removed, scoop the butter from the cheesecloth and place in a mason jar or plastic container. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Note: You can also save the buttermilk for future use as well!