This raw tart is vegan, dairy free, gluten free and sugar free. This dessert contains healthy fats from avocados and coconut oil, lime which has alkalising benefits and Matcha green tea powder, which is a potent antioxidant.
Makes one medium cake
Ingredients for the base
1 cup pecans
1 cup macadamias
1/2 cup activated buckwheat
1/3 cup chopped medjool dates (packed)
1/4 tsp vanilla powder or extract
1 tbs coconut oil melted
2 tbs coconut nectar
Large pinch of Himalayan salt (more if you like it salty, taste it and alter to your preference)
3/4 cup organic lime juice
2 medium to large avocados
3/4 cup coconut nectar
1/3 cup coconut milk (you can make fresh by blending the flesh and 1/2 water of a young coconut, I find that this tastes the best)
1/2 tsp vanilla powder/essence
Pinch Himalayan salt
1/3 cup coconut oil melted
2 tbs raw cacao butter
1/2 cup coconut butter melted
2 tbs of lecithin (sunflower or GMO free soy)
1/2 tsp Matcha green tea powder
1. Starting with the base, place all listed ingredients in a foods processor and blend until finely chopped, add the melted coconut oil last and knead in with fingers.
2. With fingers, press the base into a greased tin (line base of tin with grease proof paper), put aside in the freezer until ready to add the topping.
3. Next, for the filling add all ingredients except the lecithin, coconut butter, coconut oil and cacao butter into blender, blend until super smooth. In a small sauce pan or double boiler melt the coconut butter, coconut oil and cacao butter.
4. Add lecithin, melted coconut butter, coconut oil and cacao butter to the mix in the blender, blend thoroughly.
5. Pour on top of the base, place in the freezer for 2-3 hours to set or until firm.
6. To serve allow the cake to melt slightly on edges, remove the tin, decorate as desired. Please note fresh lime slices can leave a bitter taste on top.
7. The tart can be stored in freezer for a few weeks, though tastes best defrosted, and stores well in the fridge for a few days.
Source : Emica Pencils for Vogue